Inflammation of the mucous membranes in the mouth and pharynx
Causes / trigger:
The illness is mostly caused by viruses, often accompanied by an additional bacterial infection.
Symptoms / signs / effects:
- Scratching and burning feeling in the throat, difficulty with swallowing
- Dry mouth and throat with a dry cough
- Fever, runny nose
- Reddening and thickening of the mucous membranes in the throat
- Secretion from mucous membranes
- Confirmation of typical signs and symptoms, examination of oral cavity, swab from throat
Administration of medication designed to lower the temperature and relieve pain, disinfectant mouth rinses and soothing lozenges with a disinfectant effect. With a bacterial infection, administration of antibiotics.