General term for constriction of the upper airways due to infection, e.g. laryngitis laryngitis
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx. with a dry barking cough and narrowing of the trachea below the vocal cords. Occurrence mostly among children between 6 months and 5 years.
Causes / trigger:
Infection of the upper airway caused by typical pathogens such as common cold or influenza viruses.
Symptoms / signs / effects:
- Dry, rough, barking cough and hoarseness
- A rasping sound, particularly when breathing in
- Pallor, changes in the blood circulation, acute breathlessness
- Based on the typical symptoms
- Intake of fluids and cold, damp air
- Administration of corticosteroids in the form of suppositories or inhalation
- With severe cases inhalation of adrenalin and corticosteroids as well as administration of oxygen in hospital